There are not many carpet choices that are eco-friendly and sustainable, but wool carpet fits the bill. That’s part of the reason why the experts at Floor Coverings International East Bay think it should be considered when renovating a new home.
Carpet is a great choice for many homeowners. It tends to be less expensive than other popular choices such as hardwood and stone flooring, and it’s warm and soft underfoot. It provides a home with lasting comfort on cold mornings and throughout the year.
The Natural Carpeting Choice
Wool wall-to-wall carpet has an advantage over many other types of carpeting because it’s renewable and comes from nature. Just like wool sweaters or blankets, wool carpets are provided to us by sheep. These sheep are sheared around summer and their wool grows back by winter to keep them warm during the colder months. This process continues as they give their wool to us year after year.
Benefits of Wool Carpeting
• Wool carpeting is durable, comfortable, and can make any room feel cozy.
• Carpet wool can be dyed multiple colors to match the decor and style of the home.
• Wool carpeting is hypoallergenic for those who suffer from bad allergies.
• Wool is resistant to dirt, stains, and fire for long-lasting beauty.
• Wool carpets also act as a natural humidifier because of the ability to absorb moisture without damage.
Our Expert Team
Is resilient wool carpeting right for your home? Give the local experts at Floor Coverings International in Pleasanton a call to set up a free in-home design consultation. We also provide free estimates on whatever flooring our customers are interested in and can help choose new flooring to fit any lifestyle. Our team is helpful and knowledgeable throughout the entire flooring process, from consultation to installation. We look forward to hearing from you!
Photo Credit: Offscreen